Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Gift Wrap etc.

Hi Everyone
Yesterday, I spent some time experimenting with surface pattern designs for gift wrap. I'm using some of the small stamps I made last week for the latest Making Workshop. I chose to use a couple of fish stamps and played with their placement and simple colour combinations.

                                  

I've developed a couple of gift tags and a few sheets of lightweight decoupage papers. I'm planning to cover a small box with each of the paper designs. Here's hoping the colour and pattern will hold while using the glue in the decoupage technique - while covering each box. The ink pads I've used to print the pattern are a Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad (blue) and a Ink It Up pigment ink pad  (Orange) both are water based inks. Fingers crossed, the ink pads are suitable for the job as the colours are just right.
While considering the best ink pads to use, I came across some ideas for making ink pads from scratch with acrylic paint and a range of household substances/materials. I'm very interested in the idea of making colour specific ink pads for printing and will be checking out the process later today. I need to collect a few extra things and I'll share my findings later this week.
I'm also going to experiment more with heat embossing techniques to add extra dimensions to the printed tags. I love the little fish images and feel I can make other gift wrapping items to compliment my collection. I'm looking forward to developing this project, I'm sure ideas will flow as I play with my stamps. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment