Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 14 November 2016

Spinning Yarn

Hi Everyone
Today, I'd like to share a great experience from the weekend. I spent a good part of Saturday in a Drop Spinning Workshop organised by Fine Fettle Fibres (my regular knitting group). We talked about 'all things' spinning and practiced spinning with a small sample of various types of fibres.

                               

Having spread out my samples, I couldn't decide which was my favourite. Each fibre and stample yarn has its own special characteristic. I loved trying the different fibres and will continue to experiment for the future.
My next move is to complete spinning each sample and knit up the yarn into a small piece. I found that my very large and heavy drop spindle will probably not cope with some of the short fibres in my selection. I will need to acquire another lighter spindle - want a bonus !!
I'll share my knitted samples in a day or so.

Thanks for calling in.


No comments:

Post a Comment