Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 1 December 2016

New Knit Project

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing a brand new project - only started to think about it yesterday ! 
After a discussion with one of my knitting pals we decided to start a KAL ie a "Knit Along," which is when multiple knitters make the same project at the same time which is both fun and helpful to each other. In our case there's just the two of us. 
I've found a pattern that is vaguely similar to the idea we have for our knit. It's a small neck scarf/shawl. The pattern I found (Neck Candy by Barbara French) is knitted in Garter Stitch but I'd like to have a smoother look so have gone for Knit one side and Purl the other (Stocking Stitch). I've been experimenting with needle size (again different from the pattern) and have gone for 2.75mm needles. I've started with some very small DP's (double pointed needles) but I will switch to a longer circular needle when I run out of space.
Here is my little test piece :

 

I'm using some 4ply yarn (again different from the pattern) that I hand dyed a few months ago - I had it lined up for something else but it seems perfect for this project. The yarn is knitting up beautifully in the tiny sample that I've made. I also have a few ideas about adding some small beads around the edge of the neck scarf instead of the tassels from the original pattern (see image bottom right).
I'm planning to complete my neck shawl alongside a number of other projects so it will probably grow very slowly. I'll will share regular updates as I go.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment