Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Bead Weaving

Hi Everyone 
I'm sharing the beginings of a little experiment with bead weaving today. I've had this basic loom for many years and almost forgot I had it. I was inspired to play with the look after playing with my recent beaded knitting projects. I wanted to find a way of neatly adding a concentrated beaded pattern to knitted pieces.

                                    

I've chosen a range of green seed beads which I've threaded in a random fashion. The finished beaded piece will form part of my knitted jewellery range. I'm hoping to develop a knitted base for my beaded piece. I've planned to add more beading onto the knitted part to link the whole design - I'm still a little undecided about how ? I think, I will simply stitch the beads in place. I'm still in the design stage so I'm not sure exactly it will turn out ? When finished, the piece should (hopefully) form a pendant style component for a necklace. I'm hoping I can also develop other ideas for a bracelet and earrings using a similar idea. I should have more to share by the end of the week.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment