Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Work In Progress

Hi Everyone
Today, I'm sharing a knitting project which has been 'in progress' for only a few weeks. The pattern is called Linnea Tunic by Stella Ackroyd. This item is a long length tunic. I'm knitting with a beautiful yarn, Dovestone dk in the aire colour way which is 50% Bluefaced Leicester/25% Wensleydale Longwool/25% Dark Brown Masham. The resulting knitted material is soft and drapes well. I'm amazed how quickly it's knitting up ! I'm not usually a quick knitter and although it's very plain, mostly stocking stitch with a moss stitch boarder on the bottom and up each side, there's still quite a bit of knitting. There are also a couple of buttons on each side - I'm not sure which buttons I will go for ? At this point, I'm considering making some buttons with polymer clay but can't decide on a colour ? or a size/style ? I'll work on those decisions over the next few days.

 

I've got about 30 cms of knitting to go  including some arm/shoulder/ neck shaping - not very much at all. I'm very pleased with how it's going and looking forward to wearing this tunic.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment