Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 20 April 2017

Knitting Project

Hi Everyone
I've another knitting project in the planning stage to share today. Not that I need another knitting project at the moment ! I have a long list of project waiting for my needles. However, this one will take a while to prep. I'm hoping by the time my current list has been completed, I will be ready.

This time, I'm spinning a new wool and pairing it with some ready made stuff. The wool for spinning is my first delivery of the Time Travellers Club from Hilltop Cloud. I recently joined this monthly club to give me additional inspiration in my spinning journey.

                 
The Time Travellers Club wool is 85% Merino/15% Sari Silk and has lots of beautiful shades of green with vibrant coloured silk threads from the Sari Silk. My photo does not do justice to the colours. I'll try for a better image next time. I'm excited to see how the wool will spin up. I will be going for a light DK weight yarn spin. I'm pairing my own spin with a 75% exra fine Merino/20% Silk/5% Cashmere yarn in shade 0525 which is a carrot-like colour.

I'd like to make a cardigan with my yarn. My pattern is a Andi Satterlund pattern (free pattern on Ravelry). The pattern is a cropped cardigan with 3/4 sleeves.


                      

I think, I will use the contrast carrot shade for the bottom rib, the front bands, neckline and sleeve rib with my green coloured hand spun yarn for the main body of the cardigan. I want to reinforce the button bands with ribbon and find some pretty buttons. That's the plan.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment