Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 10 April 2017

Lazy Start

Hi Everyone
I've had a very late start to my day today ! It's, in theory, a partial holiday for me this week. The kids have a school Easter break and I usually take the same break. However, this week, I'm going 'part time' - this means I'm planning specific jobs and will have some time off too. I'm going to keep blogging but may post a little later in the day.
I've had an exciting weekend. On Saturday, I went to a yarn festival with a friend - St Abbs Yarn Festival. This is about an hours drive away so we had lots of time for chatting. I had such a lovely day which included bringing back lots of lovely yarn stuff. I thought, I would share my acquisitions over this week, as I did when I returned from the Edinburgh Yarn Festival a few weeks ago. I'm going to feature each purchase with the intended use. Hopefully this will  help me to focus on what I've bought as well as give me a project schedule for the 'making' part.

So, my first thing to share is a couple of skeins of yarn. I love this yarn. It's an amazing colour, hand dyed Natural Indigo. I am always attracted to blue but this shade of blue is especially lovely. Each skein has an individual tone and lots of depth. The yarn came from a fabulous local artist at the festival. All her stuff is amazing you can check her out here

                       

I'm pairing this yarn with my own spun and dyed yarn to make a poncho. The Indigo yarn is 4ply Blue Faced Leicester/Masham - British Wool. So soft and compliments my own yarn which is also Blue Faced Leiscester.I've talked about this project a few times - if you want more background on my yarn check out the details here

The poncho is a very simple knit - a stocking stitch (lots of it) 'scarf' with an i cord edge on the neck and bottom of the garment. The neck part is stitched on each side to form the poncho. The diagram in my photo story gives a better idea of the finished garment.

                      

My version will have several distinct colour blocks using my own hand spun/dyed yarn and the lovely Indigo yarn. I see the i cord element in the Indigo too and particularly like the way in which the colours work with denim. Can't wait to finish. However, there's a way to go, I'm probably about a third of the way through the knitting. It's just stocking stitch over and over so I need to have smallish sessions. I have a project marker going on and feel it's going well. I had decided about including the Indigo yarn early in the project so have been waiting to purchase so hopefully, I can move on quickly and make good progress this week. The week will be relaxed so I'm keeping my knitting on hand for any quiet moment. I'll keep you informed about my progress.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment