Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Socks Update

Hi Everyone
Today, I'm celebrating finishing (the knit part) of my latest sock project. These socks are using the yarn from Edinburgh Yarn Festival (last month) read about it here.
The finished socks are for my lovely husband and will always remind me of Edinburgh and the great day we had (celebrating my birthday too). I've named them the Edinburgh Socks !


                       

I've yet to weave in the ends and block the socks. Hopefully, will do that later today - lots of ends to weave in !  They are lovely and soft and the yarn (Socks Yeah - CoopKnits) was a dream to knit with. I even made my way through the dreaded (to me) Kitchenor stitch closure without too much trauma ! The sock pattern is a very simple plain sock, I wanted the stripes to 'pop' and be the main feature of the design. I knitted both pairs at the same time but on seperate needles using Magic Loop. I did start knitting both socks on one needle but I find the stitch management a bit annoying. I like the idea of separating the sock construction parts and knitting each section and then moving onto the next. This approach eliminates the second sock syndrome and helps make identical socks.
So, my next sock project is already planned. I like to have a pair of sock 'on the go' at all times ! I'm going to make Om Shanti by Alice Yu. These socks are quite a short sock with a lovely texture pattern. They also have an interesting cuff - corrugated rib and a beautiful heel (more detail when an get there). These socks will be for me.
I'm going to dye some yarn for this job. I've not decided which colour I'm going for ? I will spend the day pondering that one. My favoured colour at the moment is a Moss Green/Blue blend, a light blue. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment