Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 12 May 2017

Crochet Training

Hi Everyone
I've started a concentrated crochet training programme this week. If you called in earlier in the week, you will know I've got plans for making a crochet cardigan. I've never made a crochet garment before and I must admit - it's rather daunting. ! To get things going, I made a new dishcloth - I had issues with remembering the names of the different stitches and needed to YouTube each one - more than once ! The dish cloth is made and in use. It doesn't bode well for the cardigan ! 

However, I'm still determined to make the cardigan so I've started practicing. My plan is to make a swatch of all the stitches involved in the cardigan using the actual yarn for the cardigan before I start.  Alongside the swatch, I've also started looking for small crochet projects to practice following crochet patterns. Imagine my delight when a I came across a very pretty crochet bracelet in Pom Pom magazine blog. If you are interested it can be found here. I love Pom Pom magazine generally but finding the crochet stuff was an added bonus.

The bracelet is called a Pineapple Bracelet and is one of a number of crochet bracelet free patterns I came across a few days ago. I didn't have any pineapple colours so my pineapple is blue ! It's very pretty. I did enjoy making the first pineapple and will continue to make the whole thing.

                   

I think my cotton yarn is a bit thick and will look in my stash for something more suitable. Although the blue is fine, I think a pineapple colour would be better. I really enjoyed starting this little project and it's having the exact effect of re introducing me to 'crochet' - good training and positive reinforcement for my ultimate goal, the crochet cardigan.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment