Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 May 2017

Purposeful Dyed Yarn

Hi Everyone
I'm excited to share yet another new knitting project today. It's a shawl by Helen Stewart called the Fairyhill Shawl. I've recently knitted another Helen Stewart shawl and her patterns are great to knit, so I'm looking forward to this one. In preparation for the knit, I've hand dyed a skein of yarn. The colours are beautiful and I'm quite pleased with how the yarn has turned out. I've chosen a vibrant Magenta with Moss Green and a little Natural (left undyed from the original yarn). I'm not entirely sure how the shawl will look in terms of the colour pattern but I'm looking forward to finding out. He's a quick look a the yarn :

                    

The pattern calls for some beading work - very exciting ! I've ordered a few different new seed beads in a few different colours for the beadwork and will make a decision when they arrive. I've another small shawl/scarf using beads and I particularly like the idea of another. I feel, beadwork can make a garment very special. 
This knit project will be the third knitting project I have 'on the go' at the moment, so that's IT , no more casting on until I finish one of them !

On another matter, you may remember that I was preparing for a crochet project earlier this week - the Hanabira cardigan (read back for details). I'm hoping to review my progress each Friday. I hope to spend a little time each day (work permitting) on the cardigan. It's fair to say, I'm slightly anxious about the job. My crochet skills are very basic, I can do the basic quite well but reading the pattern is causing me minor issues, already ! However, I know where to get help if I need it !
So far, I've created my initial chain for the neck (it's a top down pattern), developed the foundation row and divided the stitches for the various sections of the cardigan - sleeves, back and front sides. That's it. It doesn't sound like much but I'm on schedule for my daily work on the project and am quite pleased with myself. 
I'll have another review next Friday, possibly with photos of my progress.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment