Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Sock Celebration

Hi Everyone
I'm celebrating the finishing of a pair of socks today. The socks are for my husband, Richard. The actual knitting part of these socks was finished a little while ago but it's taken me forever to weave in the ends, so technically they were completed including washing (rather than blocking) yesterday. I love the colours and the stripes as well as how soft they feel. These socks are made to measure and fit beautifully. I'm hoping they will be lovely to wear. I bought the yarn for the socks at Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March read more here of the original story. They will be a great souvenir of the lovely day we spent at Edinburgh.

                        

As well as the two colours I used in these socks, I bought a third colour of the same yarn (another shade of blue)  and have an idea to use it for heels, toe and cuff alongside some hand dyed yarn of my own. However, this new project will have to join the sock queue - there are two more pairs of socks planned before I can embark on this latest idea ! More on the latest sock projects tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment