Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 23 June 2017

Little details ....

Hi Everyone
If you are a regular reader, you will know, I've been working on a series of new projects over the last few weeks and I'm sharing one of the finished pieces today - a  Kumihimo bracelet. Read back a few weeks for more on this project and the range of projects involved in my series.
My finished Kumihimo bracelet  is here :

                   
I've used a range of blue/grey beads with blue cord as well as a little Bee charm. The bracelet has turned out quite well and is pretty to wear. I added the beads in two sections with a small space in between  - just big enough for a few silver rings and a charm. I'm not sure about the lobster clasp - I think, I would prefer a much larger version. I'm on a mission to find one !
My other very important task on Fridays is to report progress on my Hanabira. The Hanabira is a crochet cardigan, again, read back on Fridays to check out the detail on the Hanabira.Unfortunately, I've not made too much progress on the Hanabira this week. Last week, I mentioned starting the body section of the cardigan. I'm still there ! The body does not seem to have grown too much. I think, I may have completed only four or five rows. However, I will get there - eventually, so I will just keep going.

                        
I'm hoping the sleeve openings are sufficient but not too large ! At each stage of the make, I'm nervous about my approach, mainly because my crochet pattern reading skills are limited. I've decided to just go with it, the worst thing that could happen is I need to pull it out and start again !!!
 I need to make a new pledge to myself - two or three rows each day. That's my goal for next week.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment