Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 29 June 2017

Shibori Experience

Hi Everyone
I'm not sure where to start today ? - what a great experience we had yesterday. I mentioned yesterday, that I was booked onto a Shibori workshop with one of my friends ( read back yesterday for more on this).We both had a wonderful time. I find Shibori such a magical technique. We travelled together to a beautiful part of Northumberland and talked all the way (about an hours drive) - there and back and even found time for a coffee/cake.
Our tutor (big thank you to Eve) had prepared a little pile of fabrics as well as a cushion cover and a tote bag for our experiments. I also bought an additional silk scarf , so came home with lots of lovely fabric pieces with a range of resist patterns in fabulous shades of blue - my favourite colour. I'm still buzzing !! We tried all the tying techniques introduced to us and generally smiled our way through the day.
Here is a quick look at the results :

                            

I want to identify a project for ALL of my pieces of Shibori. I have the Tote bag and the cushion case and like them as they are but I've still got a number of pieces which I want to develop into something amazing. I'm thinking one piece in particular is wanting to be framed after a little development ? I've also got a pile of string used in the Shibori techniques and would to incorporate this dyed string into something. 
I'll share my plans when I have something definite.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment