Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 5 June 2017

Working Progress

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing an update on my latest knitting project today, this the Miette Crop Cardigan by Andi Satterlund. I started last week while watching lots of tennis on TV and trying to work through a flue virus. I was feeling a bit better by the end of the week so spent most of two days knitting with my feet up ! This is the result :

                     

I was hoping I would have enough yarn (from a stash bag) to finish but it's obvious I will need a few more balls. The yarn is a linen mix and I'm holding two strands together, it knits up quickly but also takes up lots of yardage.I've almost finished one sleeve and I think that's probably all I will get from the yarn ! I'm planning to order more later today. 
I've been trying on the cardigan as I go and I do like it. I've altered the pattern a little - it's more boxy in shape and longer in the body and I've changed the shaping in the sleeves slightly to make them fit with more positive ease.. I need to complete both sleeves, add the button bands and neckband. I'd also like to add a ribbon backing for the button bands and have possible ribbon in my stash. I'm not sure about buttons ? - I don't think I have any candidates. I could possibly make some from polymer clay - will keep thinking about that one.
This project will go on hold for a day or two, until the new yarn arrives. I'll keep you updates on progress.

Thanks for calling in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment