Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 13 July 2017

Even More BoHo Experiments

Hi Everyone
As mentioned on Wednesady, my job yesterday was to complete my second colour way (blue) in the BoHo bracelet samples. Success, I managed to complete my sample and start another ! 
The 'other' is a different construction technique but it's firmly in the  BoHo Collection. I like to give each sample a name but have failed to name any of the three samples so far. They are stuck with 1#,2#,3#. I'm working on it, hopefully in a few days I will have some theme going.
Here is a quick view of #2 - the blue version :

                     
The colours are predominantly blue/Teal but have a slight red colour going on in the larger beads. I've used a bead for the closure rather than a button, as used in the 1# version. I also  used the simple braided closure as per the 1# bracelet.
In addition to this blue sample, I started another bracelet. This time it's a different construction approach. I'm using a variety of different beads and weaving them around a couple of wax cotton threads. Again, this bracelet is blue - my favourite colour. Here's a quick look at my initial experiment :

                             

As it's Friday, I should be reporting on the progress of the Hanabira crochet cardigan. I've only added a few rows this week and there's so little difference in how it looks, so I'm not including a photo. I'm hoping I can  finish the majority of the upper body section next week. The next big thing is a large flower pattern which adds quite a wide section to the body and should move on the cardigan, condiserably. Check out the finished design of the Hanabira here. This project has always been a long term thing but I feel I'd like to move it along a little quicker next week. Wish me luck !

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment