Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 3 July 2017

More Kumihimo Ideas

Hi Everyone
I'm still not quite finished with Kumihimo experiments. Ive spent some time developing another couple of ideas for workshop samples over the last few days.

                              

The blue bracelet (top) has four different types of thread combined to form the braid. The resulting braid is varied in colour and texture. The main idea here was to provide an opportunity to include different sized beads into the bracelet. Smaller beads have smaller holes so the thread weight is key to including a specific sized bead. I've also added a cute bee charm to the blue bracelet and chunky findings. I love the blue/green colours of the beads and will look forward to wearing this bracelet myself. Blue, is my favourite colour.

The second bracelet with Antique Bronze findings has turned out well too. I've given the bracelet 'clusters' of beads along the length with a glimpse of orange in the clusters. The findings are simple on shape, forming a flattened end. The whole effect of the bracelet is very pretty.

I need to add findings to the previous braids in my Kumihimo Collection (read back last week for more details) and I can begin to launch my workshop kits with confidence.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment