Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 July 2017

New Knit on my needles

Hi Everyone
Today, I'm sharing a new knit on my needles - the Bousta Beanie by Gudrun Johnston. I started the knit at a lovely knitting workshop on Saturday organised by Fine Fettle Fibres (my regular Knit Group). Built into the event was a wonderful breakfast at the Running Fox (a very popular local eatery). Such a great start to the day.
The Bousta Beanie is a slouchy style Beanie hat  using three different colours of Shetland yarn and knitted in a Fair Isle pattern. Our workshop introduced lots of tips about simple Fair Isle techniques and we knitted and chattered for the next few hours. I had such a lovely time and met some delightful new people. Generally, a marvelous treat to the weekend. 

Here is a quick view of my progress as well as a look at the finished hat as per the pattern :

                      
I've completed just over a third of the body of the hat. I've enjoyed the knit so far - the different colour pattern does seem to encourage the 'I'll do just another row' mentality. I like the repetitive rhythm of the colours and I feel I will be making more Bousta Beanies in different colours.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment