Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 August 2017

Bracelet (to be)

How Everyone
Another day and I'm still in holiday mode so I'm planning a very lazy day. Pity about the weather, it's a bit dull and slightly damp - a sunny, warm day would have enhanced my plans ! However, I'm undeterred!
Today, I'd like to start a new make - a new bracelet for myself. I ordered a beautiful string of small glass beads a while ago and they have been sitting on a table just in my view (from my regular knitting space). So, today is the day I want to design a bracelet for the beads. 

                           

I think, at this stage, I'm going for a braided navy design which 'weaves in' the beads. The bracelet will probably have a sterling silver clasp which I will design and make specifically for the piece. I'm not rushing this make - this will be a very selfish, slow production thing. I want to enjoy the whole process. I get most pleasure from drawing out, in detail, my designs and don't usually have enough time to do this. There are no deadlines and it's all about going slow - a deliberate consideration of every detail.
I'll share my developments as they emerge.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment