Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 24 August 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
My last fibre update summarised the progress I'd made on all the 'live' fibre projects currently underway (look back for details). As I've been away for a week there not a whole lot to report. 
I have completed the Spotty Socks and have started another project - the Amelia Ruffle Scarf. I've not added any work to the Hanabira - the crochet cardigan. I'm hoping to pick up the Hanabira and give the project some time this week. I need to undo some of an arm and will get that sorted. 
My big spinning project (the Mans sweater)  has also had a tiny bit of time but nothing significant, again - I need to give my sweater spinning some time this week.
Here's a quick look at the Spotty Socks and Amelia Ruffle Scarf 

                         

I loved knitting the socks - I'll definitely make another pair. I'd quite like another pair in mustard spots and navy. The shawl is going well, I like the ruffle element and am going well. I may even complete this week ! (maybe).

As I've mentioned, I need to give some time to my spinning. I really enjoy spinning and the sweater quantity of yarn is quite a task but I'm still enjoying the process. I'm planning to spend an hour everyday next week so should make some significant progress. 
Another big project for me is to review and organise all my fibre stash. I'm at the point where I don't know what I've got and sometimes I think I have some yarn or fibre  and I'm not sure because I can't find it ! I've got to the critical point now and I need a completely new storage system. I'm going to give some time thinking it through and by next week I should have made my decision on how, practically, I can make it happen.

So, not too many finished projects but I feel I'm 'clearer' about the direction I'm heading with my fibre projects.

Thanks for calling today. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment