Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 31 August 2017

Kumihimo Returns

Hi Everyone
I'm introducing a new little Making Project today. I need a name but for now I'm just calling it - 'the flat/beaded K bracelet' - not very 'snappy' ! However, I'm confident, as I work a name will come to me.
My simple flat braided bracelet will use pre threaded beads on a Kumihimo disc. If you are a regular reader of this blog, you will know all about previous experiments with Kumihimo. You can read back for more if interested.
This time, I have some very pretty smallish glass beads in lots of bright colours, very pretty. I'm going to combine the beads with navy embroidery thread, held in double strands. I've practiced using the embroidery thread held double a few times and the resulting braid is a great option for a bracelet. I'm not completely sure about my clap yet but am thinking of making a slightly chunky sterling silver fastening from scratch ? I'll wait and see how the proportions work out before committing myself. I will ensure I can add jump rings into the ends of the design, this will give me a few different options when the time comes.
Here's a quick look at my bracelets basic ingredients :

                           

I'm still technically on holiday ! - so my day will be very relaxed. I may finish my braid today but maybe not ? I'll record my progress as I go, the Sun is shining - maybe I could sit out and enjoy it while I braid.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment