Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 September 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
Today in the Fibre update, I'm introducing my new main project - Moussaillon by Cleonis. This is a little cropped cardigan. I'm using Dovestone DK in Worsley Bob, the same yarn as my last scarf - look back here for more on the scarf, the Amelia Ruffle Scarf (now complete !!) It was the Amelia Scarf which inspired me to look for a pattern in Garter Stitch (same as the scarf) with a 'flared style' bottom. I particularly wanted the cardigan to layer up with a few dresses I have. The dresses have a wide silhouette and I'd don't like the fabric to be gathered in at the waist (as per a closer fitting garment with a traditional waist rib). After much research I decided to use the Moussaillon. This pattern, the Moussaillon, is a free pattern on Ravelry. The pattern is translated from an original French pattern and is a challenge to follow, however, there are quite a few projects using the pattern with some very helpful advice and tips. When I first read the pattern it didn't make much sense, having studied it for a few days, it seems very straight forward. I would recommend trying it.

                      

I'm well into the left front part of the cardigan and am really enjoying the knit. I swatched with a few different size needles and decided on 6mm, quite large needles. I like the resulting fabric, it's quite soft and drapes well for a DK yarn. 
I didn't include a picot edge on the neckline, as directed in the pattern. I think I may add a short rib neckline and a button /waist band ? - not sure at the moment. I'll wait and see how things turn out.

This week, the only progress Ive made in fibre projects has been with the Amelia Scarf and the Moussaillon. I do need to block the scarf and weave in the ends. I'm thinking, I may wait until both items are complete and block them together.

Other fibre news - my Hannabira (crochet cardigan) project has been ignored as has the sweater spinning project, must do better next week ! I also need to start a new pair of socks. I'm considering joining a sock KAL with the Ravelry Stranded Podcast group take a look at the detail. I'd like to dye up some yarn for the project - it's a Christmas theme and intend to look for a pattern, perhaps snowflakes ? I need to get on with it, if I'm going ahead. Will confirm next time.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment