Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 September 2017

KAL News

Hi Everyone

I'm having yet another deviation from my blog regime today. I scheduled to focus on Silver stuff but feel the need to talk about a new KAL which starts today.
This KAL is a Blacker Yarns KAL (knit-a-long!) 14 September – 14 December. Blacker have been producing their own knitting patterns since 2008 but have decided that the time is right to refresh some of their existing pattern collection and introduce some new ones. On 31 August they will be launching a collection of twelve garment and accessories patterns – 8 refreshed ones and 4 new ones – that use a variety of Blacker yarns.To celebrate this event, Blacker are running a KAL and my local knit group, Fine Fettle Fibres, will be joining in the fun! 


This is how the KAL will work:

  • The new pattern collection will be launched on 31 August and the patterns will be available to download for free from the Blacker website www.blackeryarns.co.uk
  • We will have 2 weeks to have a think about which pattern from the new collection we would like to knit and which Blacker yarn we would like to use.
  • We then dig out Blacker yarns from our stash or get new supplies of Blacker yarn in.
  • We cast-on on 14 September (today), aiming to finish our project by 14 December.
  • To make it more fun, we hope to share the experience by :
    • adding comments and pictures to the Blacker Yarn Ravelry group thread 
    • sharing Instagram posts 
    • coming along to Knit Class and sharing progress
    • wearing finished items at Knit Class no later than 14th December 
    • And there will be PRIZES! Anyone who comes to the Fibe Fettle Fibres Studio wearing their finished object, or sends me a photo of the finished object being worn, no later than midnight on 14 December, will receive a voucher for 15% off any purchase of Blacker yarn at Fine Fettle Fibres and 1 lucky person, chosen at random (using random.org's random number generator) from those who have finished their projects, will receive a copy of Sue Blacker's book Pure Wool.

So, if you feel you would like to join in, contact Fine Fettle Fibres and get involved.

I've chosen my pattern https://www.blackeryarns.co.uk/patterns-etc/free-patterns/blacker-swan-holt-wrist-warmers-knitting-pattern.html. It's a pair of wrist warmers called Holt. I'm using the Swan yarn. Here's a quick look at the preparation I've done to start the KAL.

            


All my tools and materials are ready to go and I'll be casting on around mid morning, I don't usually knit during the day (at home) so it's a bit of a treat for me. I'm lining up a coffee and even a bit of cake. However, I'm quite busy today, so not sure how much progress I'll make ? but I'm determined to make an event of it. I'll be sharing regular updates on Fridays, so you can share the highs and lows of my KAL. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment