Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 September 2017

My Writing Day

Hi Everyone
If you called in yesterday, you will know it's Writing Day today. My writing focus for today is a piece about the versatility of Polymer Clay as a material for making embellishments. This particular writing will eventually be a piece for a craft magazine. My job today is to draft the outline of the article and produce a range of samples to illustrate my piece. 
My main message is clear (for me), so my job is to make sure I present my ideas clearly and have a variety of attractive samples to illustrate my message. That should be straightforward, should it not ? I do love this sort of thing but I'm not deluding myself - it IS difficult to achieve something a magazine is keen to use. But I'm up for the challenge.
Here's a sneak preview of one of my photos samples :

                         

You may, if you are a regular viewer, remember me talking last week about making buttons (read here for details). The white buttons in my photo are the result of that particular project. The other embellishments in the photo are a range of small gold bows which have been made to add to greetings cards/gift tags.
My piece will include several other samples which illustrate how polymer clay can be used in a variety of other ways to develop craft embellishments; as well as background information for making such items. I will point you to the final article at some point in the future.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment