Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Sunday 15 October 2017

An old idea

Hi Everyone
I'm reviving an old idea this week. This design goes back about threee years and came from using plant material to make moulds for beads.I'd like to change the beads from the original design but use the old moulds. I'm going for a deep red colour this time, same mix as the last Everyday Collection (read back on Mondays episode for more on the last Collection).
I've been inspired by another bike ride yesterday, in the same woods as last time. As I was riding along, all I could see was 'seed pods' all over the tracks. Everywhere I looked the different seed heads seemed to appear. The shapes reminded me of my previously mentioned project. 
I had developed the original plant moulds with dried seed pods from my garden.When I got home from the bike ride, I searched for the moulds and my ideas starting forming.

                     

The original beads used two of the moulded pieces to form a 'shell like' bead. I'm thinking of using one of the moulded parts and developing a flat back to form a smaller and easier to wear series of beads, these smaller beads will then form a stretchy bracelet, that's the plan. Let's wait and see what comes out. I'll share my progress next Monday.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment