Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 20 October 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
I’m on holiday today ! - not quite sure what difference that means to my day ? but I’ve got some deluded idea I can do a bit of knitting at some point during the afternoon. We are staying at home so no big packing etc required. I’ll let you know how things turn out next time.

So, I’ve started the new Nuuk (look back on Fridays for more on the Nuuk). As per my plan for last week, the Moussaillon cardigan has finally gone from my life and I now have an enormous ball of lovely Dovestone DK in Worksley Bob. The Nuuk is well underway and I’m very pleased with my decision (read back on Fridays for more background on this story).

                          


My Blacker Yarn KAL, again more on this over the last few Fridays, has three items completed, with one to go. The Azzurite Mittens and two pairs of Holt Wristwarmers are ‘done’. I still have the Polgooth socks (Sonja Bargielowska) to go. These socks are a top down sock in Blacker, Classic DK, so chunky socks. Although the pattern suggests no colourwork is involved, the socks are heavily striped and look like colourwork - they look very interesting. I’ll be casting on this week, so I should have something to share for next time. I have until December, so plenty time for other things too.

Next up - my blue Garland sweater (Stefani Pollmeier). I’ve tentatively started casting on for the sweater but am being a little cautious about sizing. My friend , mentioned last time and the time before, is still on holiday and I’d like a chance to chat to her about her experience of the sweater sizing before committing to my chosen size. I love her finished sweater and am quite excited about getting underway. I will spend some time looking through Ravelry posts about this project today but am still keen to chat with my friend first.

The crochet cardigan (Hanabira by Elaine Alcocer) from way back, is definitely coming out ! I’ll start it again with another crochet stitch - I think ? The majority of the make is done in single crochet, I’m thinking a ‘half double crochet’ could work ? I’ll let you know how it turns out. This cardigan has been going for some time and the yarn will be very crinkly when it gets unraveled, I’m thinking about re soaking and winding again today. I’ll take it out first but I’m thinking it could be a completely new beginning, if it’s done properly. I’m ok about ripping out - I’ve learned lots about crochet, so it all good.

Very little spinning completed. Only a few rolags. I’m hoping I can spend a few hours over the weekend, spinning. I’ll share more on spinning next time.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment