Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 27 October 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
It’s Friday again - how did that happen so quickly ? If you are a regular reader, you will know I’ve been on holiday (at home) and had thought I’d have lots of knitting progress to show. However ! - although I’ve been busy with fibre, I’ve spent most of my time ripping out and starting again - so not much actual progress to show.

It’s all good news, the Hanabira (a long standing crochet project for me) has been completely ripped out and I’ve started again. I was almost finished. My #2 version is going well and the only regret is pulling out the lovely flower section. I spent forever learning how to do this and made a decent job in the end. Still, move on and I’ll be in a better position to do it again, when the time comes.


Sticking with crochet, I’ve also been working on a tiny little project for the Making Workshop (read back on the blog for more on this regular initiative). It’s a crochet Snowman, so fits into Friday fibre updates. The Snowman is either a gift bag or a tree ornament. I’ll share more on the detail next time.

Spinning has been limited to 2 more rolags for the big sweater. I’ll give more details next time with a review of progress on this project.

I did mention casting on a Blacker Yarn sock last time. It hasn’t happened ! Hopefully, I’ll get that one going this weekend. Again, more on this next time.

My last story is about the new Nuuk (see last Friday for more detail). Another little issue - I’m probably not much further than the photo from last time. I had added 10 new rows but had not read the pattern correctly. Instead of increasing at the sleeve points every other row, I’d increased every row. Fortunately, I thought things were not quite right before going too far. I’ve ripped out the offending rows and I’m back on track. I’m off to my weekly knit group this morning so should make some progress today. However, I often need to rip out lots of knitting after knit group - too much chatting and general lack of concentration !! However, I always have a lovely time.

That’s it for my fibre update this week.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment