Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 26 October 2017

Henni’s World

Hi Everyone
It’s Day 4 of the Henni Doll Project and I think, the sketch maybe there ! At this stage, it’s time to get some colours and textures into the piece. I’ve chosen a colour palette with the help of decoupage papers and I’ll start adding colour to Henni’s face today. My approach to getting paint onto dolls faces is very much like applying makeup. I’ll start with a foundation and add highlights for shaping,eye colour, lips and cheekbones. This is a long process and I’ll go carefully, layering light shades each time. I’m not sure exactly the look I’m going for but I’d like to stick with the Titian hair colour therefore Henni needs a fair complexion. The warm colours of the papers will help me here.
Have a quick look at the development so far :

                                 

I’m hoping to keep this project going for a few weeks. I’ll hope to spend an hour or so each day. It will be interesting to have a photo of each day as I progress. Often, I change my mind and new plans are formed and that fine (I’m prepared for that) - Henni will tell me what to do.
Here’s the colour palette I’ve chosen :

                                

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment