Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 30 October 2017

Making Moulds

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing a little more of the polymer clay project I talked about a couple of weeks ago check it out here. I mentioned using a range of moulds that I had made. The moulds were made from something called Siligum. This moulding paste is widely available and is very easy to make, it’s a fast setting, two-component silicone paste. Ideal for moulding small objects. My moulds were made by pressing natural seed heads into the mixed paste. After setting the seed heads can simply be removed. The moulds are very flexible and work beautifully on the natural material.
In my samples, I developed beads from polymer clay which has been pressed into the moulds, removed and either rounded to form a large bead or flatterned and sandwiched together (with a channel for threading).

               

My new batch of beads are to be developed in shades of mixed red clay but I’m also going to experiment with surface dyes to colour the white samples.

I’m hoping I will have some interesting results to share next Monday.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment