Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Enamelling Experiments

Hi Everyone
I’m hoping to test out some enamelling ideas today. Enamelling is quite new to me and although I understand the theory, I’ve yet to actually produce side thing worthwhile. I did give it a go last week with some stainless steel blanks, poor results which I prefer to forget. 
The main reason I’d like to get to grips with enamelling is to cover copper rings with various coloured enamels. I like the idea of developing stacking rings in various sizes in different shades of  (initially) blue and green. If my initial experiment is successful, I’ll develop a few more colours and possibly break into a new Collection of jewellery, including earrings, rings and bracelets.
I’m going to develop some copper ring blanks for the experiments and will experiment with the enamelling bit.

                                    

The rings in my photo are similar to the rings ‘to be’. Hopefully, I will have a blue and green enamel coating by the end of the day. I have a few questions (in my head) about how the final surface will look - so wish me luck. In theory, the experiment should take a very short time but I do have a long list of jobs today. I’ll share the results of my experiment tomorrow. Don’t forget to call in and check out the rings.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment