Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 20 November 2017

Knitted Folk

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing a brilliant experience from the weekend today. I had a great time making Knitted Folk in a workshop at my local yarn shop, Fine Fettle Fibres. I’ve been looking forward to this workshop for quite some time and it didn’t disappoint. I loved the whole thing. The workshop was delivered by 
Liz Reed (go and see her site and smile). Liz is a most inspiring teacher and SO empowering regarding the whole creative process. Here’s a quick look at my version of the knitted doll :

                     

I had thought I would like to add some wings to my doll and made some small polymer clay wings for the purpose. I wasn’t sure of my chosen surface pattern/colour choice would fit the doll so I only developed one wing, as a result I need to finish the other. The wings are perfect for the job. I had also thought about creating a crown or some kind of ‘fairy’ style headgear but I love the knitted hat and will leave it as it is. Somehow the hat fits the character. 
I, now, have so many ideas to make some more knit folk of my own. I have another option with a piece of driftwood gifted from Liz (she called it a reject but it looks great to me) and am thinking about a Christmas thing with red and green stripes. I need to think a bit more about this but I’m looking forward to getting it going.

I’ll be back with an update on my progress with this project, over the next few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment