Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 18 December 2017

Buttons for Mittens

Hi Everyone
Today, I will be spending a short time making some buttons for my new Mittens design. I’ve decided to place three buttons on each of the coloured stitch bands on the Mittens (I will need six buttons). I’m not sure about which colour to go with yet - red or green ? I’ll mix some Polymer Clay in both shades and try them out. I’m reasonably pleased with how the pattern has worked out. The fit is excellent. As I mentioned on Friday, the design is a combination of a couple of patterns I’ve already used (read back to check out the details). One of the mitten patterns, previously made, is not a good fit, much too big - so, I’ve modified the ‘numbers’ and am very pleased with the new fit, very snug and much more comfortable to wear. I need to finish the thumbs and sew in the ends and that’s that ! At the moment, the thumbs will use the plain red shade, so a very quick job.

                       

I’ve used Blacker Yarn for this design , Swan in Bolsam Bog and Gotland in Shower - the colours work beautifully together and I’m hoping my buttons will add a great finishing touch to the design. Hopefully, I will have the job complete by Friday.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment