Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 15 December 2017

Fibre Friday Update (15/12/17)

Hi Everyone
This week I’ve been knitting (almost exclusively) on Christmas gift projects, so I can't give anything away ! However, I have done a little work on the Garland Sweater (look back last week for details). I’ve also done a little work on my Christmas socks, you may remember the minor disaster re the socks, again re back for details. I’ve finished one sock and will cast on the second later this evening. 
Last night, I started a new project. I’ve been thinking about this one for a couple of weeks. The new project is a combination of a couple of recent knits, my Holt Wristwarmers (hereand my Azzurite Mittens (check it out). I’ve taken various elements of each and will play with some kind of stitch pattern and introduce a new yarn. I’m using a Blacker Gotland yarn (new) in the Shower colourway and the Blacker Swan (used in the wirstwarmers) in Balsom Bog.

                   

So far, I’ve created a cuff - knitting sideways in a 2x2 rib. I’ve simply made an oblong shape and crocheted the edges (together) to form a cuff, picked up stitches on the edge of the round and knitted 3 rows in basic Stocking stitch. The Azzurite mits used a similar idea but created a provisional cast on and used Three Needle bind off to close the cuff. My plan is to play with the two colours either with a stitch pattern or some Fairisle work. At the moment, I think I’m going for stitch pattern in both colours. The colours I’ve chosen contrast beautifully and I’m keen to use the colours to give impact. I’ll probably try a few different ideas before deciding on the final design.
My focus will be to finish my Christmas socks over the next week but I’m enjoying creating my new Mittens. I need to work on a name before I complete the design.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment