Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Making Fibre Interior Stuff

Hi Everyone
Today, I’d like to share a new (to me) magazine called Koel. I acquired the magazine last week and have been looking at it most days, I cant seem to put it down. There’s so much inspiration in both the magazine and on the website - take a look here. The magazine describes itself as :
A new quarterly magazine by Studio Bloesem that celebrates crafting with yarns to create a stylish home. Curating a contemporary interior decor with yarns. It brings back the coolness to decorative crochet, knitting, macramé, latch hooking, needlework, and weaving. Selectively featuring guest stories on other vices of KOEL’s makers, such as flowers, food, ceramics and other handmade crafts. 
The photography is amazing and there are a range of Making patterns alongside features on interiors as well as inspiring Maker stories. My magazine is Issue 3. I’ve been trying to decide on my favourite piece to share here and am struggling to find my top project. So, I’ve decided to identify my top three :

                      

I’ve dabbled with embroidery over the last few months - but not much to show. However, the lovely idea (bottom left) is very inspiring and I’ve added this project to my list. I see an embroidered pendant being added to a silver chain, not sure about a pattern yet ? The next idea (bottom right) combines hoop embroidery with needle felting. Felting is a regular in my Making life but I love the combination of both together in this project. I will definitely work on something similar, the vegetable elements are so lovely. The last of the three projects is ‘weaving’. I’m not a weaver but it’s very appealing. I do see lots of weaving at yarn shows and am always drawn to ‘watching’ as experienced Makers produce complicated pieces of fabric with wool. I’d love to make small pieces to make into bags. Not sure why ? but I love wool fabric bags. Obviously, I’ve got a ‘way to go’ with this one ! However, Christmas is coming and maybe I need some kind of weaving loom ? 

I will definitely look at more issues of  KOEL, even if it’s just for the photos. I highly recommend the magazine.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment