Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 21 December 2017

Silver Day 21/12/17

Hi Everyone 
Today is Silver Day as usual but time is short (Christmas lists are growing) so I’m preparing for a new range of designs rather than doing too much practical work at my bench. This preparation will involve new drawings and a materials lists ? I’m rather pleased with last weeks earring designs (I’ve been wearing them daily) and am planning to develop the range into more jewellery. I’m starting the new items with a ring design. I’d like to use Silver Art Clay components with rings, more ear ring styles as well as a broach pin and a bracelet. I especially like the simple organic stone/pebble shaped earrings (as per the photo) and will take the little component and apply to each of the jewellery items. I don’t have a specific design at the moment and will play around with sketches first. I do have a couple of ring bands semi prepared for the organic silver stones/pebble so may get that completed but it’s more about the design at the moment.

                           

I need to order more materials too, so will prioritise this job when I have a specific plan. I’m not sure about the shape and size of the Silver wire I need yet and I may also go for additional, different Art Clay metals ? 
My new ring bands (above) are flat and quite wide so my first rings will need components to compliment the bands, I’m thinking I need quite a large ‘silver pebble’ or maybe a selection of smaller ‘pebbles’. I think this project will run well into the New Year, so lots of time to play with the idea.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment