Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 January 2018

Silver Day Resumed

Hi Everyone 
As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve reinstated my Silver Day feature each Thursday on the blog. Making Silver jewellery is a large part of my week and it seemed important to include and share stories about my work in the blog. I also think, there will be a benefit (for me) re organising my Thursdays more efficiently. I’ll review the whole thing in a few weeks but I’m fairly confident it’s a good move.
My last Silver Day post gave a little insight into where I am with my Silver work. Check it out here. I’ve had a very long break ! The good news is - I have been planning and there are initial plans for a new Collection.

                  
I have some very basic ‘scribbles’ made over the Christmas break and created while having coffee at a local Art Gallery- great inspiration. These drawings link to the last batch of earrings, check out the link above for more on this. I’m not sure exactly how things will proceed ? - I don’t have a timeline as such but things should be planned later today. I want to create something a little more varied than earrings, so will keep thinking.

I’m using both Silver Art Clay and Sterling Silver for this Collection, I was hugely inspired by my last Silver Art Clay experience and am buzzing with ideas for more. I will record my progress as I go and treat my Thursdays a little like my other project work.

My little photo story shows pebble like elements with Sterling Silver hooks or links - I’ll work on these ideas more today. I’d like to include some bracelets and necklaces as well as rings and earrings. Hopefully, by next Thursday I will have something practical to share here.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment