Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Stitch Story Technique 2

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing the second technique used in my Stitch Story Project today. Read back yesterday and last week for more detail on the Project. I talked about image transfer using Modge Podge yesterday. Today’s technique is another image transfer idea. This time, I’m using fabric stamping. I’ve developed a range of stamped patches which can be used to embellish my Story. The stamped images in my sample photo (below) are random subjects, to experiment with shapes and suitability.

             

 I needed to check which shapes and how much detail will be useful. The idea is to use the image as a guide for embroidery, too much detail and the patch can be too difficult/ busy to work. I’ve also decided that a small stitched image will be more practical for the Project. The overall size of the finished Stitched Story piece, is relatively small, so each patch needs to be proportional. I also think there is a place for stamped fabric patches, without embroidery and will experiment with more of this idea. I especially like the bottom right image in my photo story, the scissors and thread are lovely and could enhance the Story. If, I’m using stamped images for surface design purposes, I think the patterns need to be closer together.
I’ve already embroidered one of the patches in the top right, the dragonfly image. Here it is, ready for inclusion in my piece.

                        
I’m now playing around with how the patches should be connected. I think, I’ve almost decided on all the patches ? I need to fit a few buttons and a small charm into my piece. More tomorrow on that particular detail. I do have another couple of techniques to share, so will be back tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment