Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 5 March 2018

The Stitched Story (week 2)

Hi Everyone 
Its the second week of my Stitched Story Project and things have come together, at last . I’ve taken time to consider how I want to develop this project and it’s been a struggle to find a formula which works. There’s a lovely creative process to the project but it can get overwhelming. It’s more about what to leave out rather than finding things to add ! - although, at the beginning of the project there seems to be a potential problem of where to start. This project needs to translate to other Makers and somehow there is a neeed to think, plan and reconsider, several times. This process can be frustrating and it’s very easy to loose sight of the enjoyment the project can bring. 

I’ve rewritten my personal process several times and I think, I’ve got a reasonable starting point with a few practical steps which can allow for being creative. My new list (read back last week for the previous plan) for starting the project is to begin with  an image or photo and come up with a theme from the photo inspiration, followed by a phrase which can sum up the theme and then a date which could relate to the image and/or experience. I feel at this point, a Story is developing. In order to develop the story and add embellishments which further express the story, I’m adding things which I’m calling ‘bits and pieces’. These are difficult to categorise hence ‘bits and pieces’. However, when thinking and looking at the initial image these little extra’s can start to creep in. Ultimately, the whole project is about the Maker telling their Story and I feel enjoyment comes from focusing in, on the detail. This needs to be a slow Make.
Here’s a look at my progress so far :

                             

I’ve had a few frustrations with this project but the time I’ve spent stitching has been great. I’ve loved finding interesting stitches to place in my story and am inspired to keep finding new places to add interesting stitches. I’ve tackled the stitching elements in little sessions and have hugely enjoyed the process.

Call in tomorrow for more on this one.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment