Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 20 April 2018

Fibre Friday Update

Hi Everyone 
This week my main focus re Fibre has been to develop a habit of making time for spinning sessions. I’ve mentioned my lack of spinning time each week for many weeks and finally, I’ve managed to fit in a few spinning sessions. I’ve been spinning some fibre for a friend, it’s a lovely combination of green fibres. I’m not sure how much Ive produced. I’m about to wind the 2 plyed yarn off the bobbin for soaking. More details next time. Hopefully, I’ve found a way to make sure I give spinning my attention. I’ve got lots of lovely fibre in my stash, just waiting for spinning and I’d very much like to find a way of splitting my spinning and knitting time each week. My ideal is to have 3 spinning sessions each week. This week has worked well and I find I can give myself a 30mins session most days, if I identify, a slot each morning. If I can’t find 30 mins every day, I know I can make 3 times each week.

Moving on, I’ve also managed to add some knitting into my week. My usual habit is to knit each evening and I’ve spent an hour or so (most days) working on the yolk of my Coinneach. Read back a few Fridays for more on the Coinneach. I’ve started to reduce the stitches on the yolk, so it feels I’m making good progress. I enjoy the colour patterns developing and can’t wait to finish. The Coinneach is a steeked cardigan, so that will be interesting ! More on the steeking next week.

                   

My last fibre story is about another pair of socks. I have a few patterns in my mind, both by Helen Stewart, I’ll  decide later today. I’ve identified my yarn (see bottom right image). I’d also like to use some pink yarn, left over from my last socks. I’m not sure where I want to place the pink ? - possibly the cuff and toe ? I’m currently knitting the Curious Handmade Sock Society Collection for 2018 and did think I would be working on the second pattern, Magnolia Socks. However, I also have the pattern published in the last edition of Laine magazine , Fragments by Helen Stewart. I don’t have a pair of socks on the needles at the moment so this decision needs to be made in the next few days. I’d also suggested dying some yarn myself for the Magnolia Socks so that’s a bit of a dilemma !

That’s it for my fibre news this week. I do feel so much better having started my spinning sessions again. So all’s good.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday with more Stitch Stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment