Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Stitch Story Embellishments

Hi Everyone
I’ve another little addition to my Stitch Story Project today.Read back to learn more about the Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell Project. I’ve been adding final details to the Story and have started making mini embellishments. 

                 

My first new embellishment is a covered button. This is a regular odd button from my spare button box. It’s a button that I probably wouldn’t use (if on show) so what a bonus ! I’ve found a couple of very small scraps of fabric used in my project and covered both sides of the button. I’ve used a different fabric and used the contrasting red stitching around the edge as a design feature. I’ve also added a B letter to represent Bella, Miss Mitchell’s name. The other side of the button gets a heart and a little cross (kiss).
The second embellishment is a covered brass ring (handmade by me !). I’ve covered the ring with the same green embroidery floss used in the other parts of the Project. I used a crochet hook to weave a simple stitch around the ring but could have easily used a needle. I like the size of the mini frame kand I’m thinking about attaching something else in the form of a fabric tag-like piece which will allow me to pin the frame to the bag ? I’m not quite there yet with the plan. I’ll work on that today.
I think, I’ve probably got all the bits and pieces I need to complete my bag - other than some kind of written message for the back. My plan for the back is to embroider some little message on the bag, something Miss Mitchell would say ! Again, I’ll do some thinking work on that one today.
My next step, after completing the new embellishments is to sew down all my patches and develop some handles.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment