Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 21 May 2018

Brooches - continued

Hi Everyone
I’m still stuck in the Stitch Story Brooch thing. Last week, I spent time fiddling with tiny details of brooch #3 and I’ve settled on the final versio. I think the brooch represents lots of elements of my Miss Mitchell story and has given me an excuse to decide on the key characteristics of my story.

                   

I quite like the ‘medal-like’ shape of my brooch, it almost gives a commemorative tone to the piece. I like that idea. The little framed image of Miss Mitchell sets the central message of the brooch but I particularly like the wings which represent Miss Mitchell’s ethos. The idea of being able to ‘fly’ - this idea is something (I like to think) is all about her dreams and the confidence to carry them out.

I’m still not quite finished with brooches. I have another, #4, started last week in the last Making Workshop. I had an idea but it needed to grow. I’ve spent a little time working on the brooch and it’s coming together.

             

Hopefully, I can spend a little more time on the design later today. I’ve used the ‘flying’ idea again with my little wings and will make a new pin. More on progress tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment