Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 15 March 2018

Silver Day and more

Hi Everyone 
I’m having a multi tasking day today. My Silver Project from a few weeks ago is still top of the list. Check out the details here. There’s not much more to report on the Small and Simple Range, it’s almost done ! I'm hoping to wind up the final details of the earring designs this week. There will be some professional images produced at some point over the next few weeks.

My other tasks for today involves La Patisserie Project and the Stitched Story. Both projects are well underway, although I do have a few finishing touches to La Patisserie. The Stitched Story Project will have a couple of months to go, so lots more to be done on that one.
I’ve mentioned (on this blog) the fact that La Patisserie is an old project but I’ve worked on some new samples and completely reworked the project. I have more cakes in the range of charms with some different techniques involved. All has gone well and I’m struggling to identify my favourites. I love most of the charms. I’ve chosen five charms to add to the bracelet but I’ve a large batch which will become stitch markers. Here’s a quick look.

                  

I’ve taken the decision to give the charms a coat of varnish and am happy with the finish. It’s not necessary to varnish these charms and in some cases an unvarnished ‘cake’ looks more convincing. My thoughts are more to do with protecting the charms as samples. The samples get lots of handling in workshops and hopefully, will have a longer life with a varnished finish. I will aim to get a range of ‘close up’ images of the cakes for next week.

The Stitch Story will also get a little attention today. Read back a few weeks for more on this project. I have printed some fabric for the project and am very pleased with the results. I now need to decide exactly how I will use my new fabric. I also need to find some interesting new (to me) stitches for my Story. I’m thinking about a couple of new patches but am rapidly running out of space. The project is restricted in size by the little bags we are using as the ‘stitching base’ . As I’ve mentioned several times recently, I’m really enjoying working on this project. I spend time looking and thinking about the projects each day and will be sad when it’s finished. I will probably start another bag !

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with Fibre news.

No comments:

Post a Comment